Get recommendations customized to your local ballot! In Spanish too
- Check your voter status
Find out if you are registered to vote on this new state website.
- Ballots mailed to every registered voter — OCTOBER 5
On May 8, Gov. Newsom announced that every registered voter will receive a mail-in ballot for the November 3 election. There will also be safe in-person voting options.
- Early voting and vote-by-mail drop-off locations
Find locations near you where early voters may pick up and/or vote a vote-by-mail ballot, and locations of secured boxes where vote-by-mail ballots may be dropped off.
- Sign up to track your ballot
Go to Where’s My Ballot? a new way for voters to track and receive notiﬁcations on the status of their vote-by-mail ballot.
- Deadline to register to vote — OCTOBER 19
Register to vote online with the Secretary of State.
- Deadline to request a vote-by-mail ballot — OCTOBER 27
Go to your county elections office in person to request and receive a vote-by-mail ballot if you do not receive a ballot in the mail. Or call the Secretary of State’s Voter Hotline at (800) 345-8683 for your county elections official’s contact information.
- Deadline to return vote-by-mail ballots — NOVEMBER 3
Your vote-by-mail ballot must be postmarked on or before November 3, and received by your county elections office no later than November 6. You may also deliver your ballot to your local polling place on November 3 before polls close, or to any of the secured boxes for vote-by-mail ballots.
- Poll hours on NOVEMBER 3: From 7 am to 8 pm